Oh man I told you more Hobbit teas were coming. I’ll probably try to do all of the Dwarves eventually. We will see. Anyway, don’t forget about Bilbo, Smaug and Thorin & Co!
- Thorin [assam melody, pu erh dante, gingerbread, cocoa nibs] A slightly bitter blend with just an edge of smokey forge fires and sharp spices. Dark and alluring, this is a blend that turns surprisingly sweet and mellow when treated right.
- Kili [ceylon sonata, oriental spice, vanilla, ginger] A smooth, bright blend, just this side of mature, but with an unmistakable sweetness.
- Fili [spiced apple chai, hazelnut, irish breakfast, marigold, cinnamon] Deep, warm, golden notes and a rich, dark base. Decidedly decadent, but reliably strong.
- Bofur [mocha nut mate, vanilla green, sweet potato, chocolate chips, orange peel] Super sweet, super comforting, and maybe just a little bit nutty.
- Gandalf [almond oolong, pu erh dante, white monkey, marigold] A dry, earthy blend, strong enough to help give you a boost when needed, mellow enough to sooth you.
- Thranduil [apricot green, vanilla green, hojicha] A surprisingly strong (maybe even stubbornly so) green blend, this tea might edge on fussy, so brew with care.
January 20, 2013 - 9:08pm [4 months ago]